CKS Memorial Hall

CKS Memorial Hall

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Okay, so Monday...

In the morning, after skipping breakfast (for some reason I never feel very hungry here-Ali makes me eat lunch and dinner :-P) I went down the stairs of our apartment building with home pa. There we met up with Robert. (remember him?)  Together Robert and I waited for a car driven by his father to come and pick us up.  In the car,  Robert told me that we were on our way to pick Jeffrey up from school; that he would be going to the National Palace Museum with us.  Robert's dad is very nice. He tried to speak as much English as he could to me which was very nice. He told me that the radio station we were listening to was 107.00 and that it was a very good radio station that has been around for many years.  It is actually an English speaking radio station, and it just so happens that when we were in the car, it was theme hour. Today's theme- color, the DJ would play song requests that only had something to do with color. Whether the song or band name had color in it, he'd play it. I heard "Red, Red Wine" by UB40 and "Purple Rain" by Prince. HA. We got Jeffrey from school and continued on our 40 minutes drive to the museum. Robert's dad told me that The National Palace Museum holds all Chinese treasures, many Chinese people go there to see everything. He was totally right. He parked the car, bought our tickets, took a group picture of us outside, and left.  

Before we went in the museum, Jeffrey apologized to me for not introducing himself to me the night before. He said "I want to say sorry for not telling you who I am last night, there were too many people around, and I do not like my English; let's start again. My name is Jeffrey." How sweet is that? Jeffrey, Robert, and I spent about 2 hours in the museum before I was absolutely bored out of my skull. We then, spent another hour there, walking around. We saw everything, big stone statues of buddah, ancient ink paintings, pottery, jade and bone carvings, and almost anything else you can think of. 

Then, we caught a bus to take us to the National Science Museum which was about 20 minutes away. The Museum is huge, 7 floors high, it takes up almost an entire block. We bought tickets and had lunch there. After lunch we went to the top floor of the museum, which was a chocolate art exhibit.  Everything was beautiful, there were so many gorgeous, detailed chocolate sculptures of everything that you can imagine.  We spent about an hour there. It was really amazing to see. There were also little fun things to read, like your chocolate horoscope, and what kind of chocolate are you?  We had a lot of fun in there.

After that we walked around and played in the rest of the museum, which was more of a Science/Discovery center type of deal... That was a blast. At four, Robert's dad came to pick us up, and Lydia was in the backseat of the car waiting for us :-)  She asked me if I had fun today and what we did.  She then told me that we would go to the night market, but first they had to go to the dentist.  

It only took about 30 minutes from the time we walked in the dentist's office for Lydia and Robert's teeth to be cleaned and we were on our way. We walked to Shilin to go to the night market, and at about 7:30 we caught the MRT home.  When we got to Shipai, we quickly went to 7-11 to grab a sandwich for dinner and caught then next bus home. Robert and Lydia were the first to get off, it was a quick goodbye to them. Since Jeffrey lives in the same building as me, we walked home together.  

After the short elevator trip up to the third floor of the apartment building (where my family lives) Jeffrey got off with me to make sure that I got in okay. Of course I had troubles with unlocking the door (like always, right?) But of course it had to happen this time :-P EMBARRASSING- whatever haha. Eventually I got inside, we said goodnight, then I started my nighty routine and went to sleep.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment