CKS Memorial Hall

CKS Memorial Hall

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Age 18 and 1 day :-)

So Fridays are probably my favorite day of the school week... For the sole fact that I only have 1 class on Friday, and that class is english :-D  So the day after my birthday was pretty excellent too. I spent most of it in the Library.  In the morning I got to talk with almost every freshman english class and help them find easy english novels to read. One boy in particular took a liking to me. I helped him find the book he was looking for, then I went back upstairs where my laptop was, he came up with me after about 5 minutes; told me "you are so beautiful" and then proceeded to run away. HAHAHAHA I love shy Taiwanese boys :-P
Then I went downstairs with Jane around lunchtime and I ate lunch with Fiona and my "living technology" teacher, whose english name is Jose (oh my god I know that is SO funny).  During/ after lunch I spent time with Jose, showing him pictures that I have taken and talking to him about working at Cooperstown Dreams Park-taking all sorts of pictures there and what kind of cameras we used, we also talked about photoshop.  He told me that he was a photographer himself, and he showed me his camera. I was shocked to find that the big, BEAUTIFUL camera that he pulled out of his sleek black backpack was exactly the same as the ones we used at CDP. Same camera, same lens, same neck-strap even; EXACTLY the same. I was so happy to see it.
Jose explained to me that there was going to be a huge emergency drill going on that day and that it was his  job (as head of the photography club) to take pictures and videos of the event for the school's website.  He asked me if I would help him by using his camera and taking pictures so that he could focus solely on taking videos. YES! I replied without hesitation, I could not wait another minute.  I was so excited.  Jose then convinced me that if I joined the photography club that I could use his camera whenever I wanted. He is one of my new bestfriends. Haha. I got some great shots of the whole thing, and when it was over: I went home, and then the norm :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment